Afternoon to forget for Wroxham at Romford
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2013
Wroxham produced a languid display as Nick Reynolds' brace helped Romford to a scrappy win at Ship Lane.
Danny Rust and Remy Gordon returned to the starting XI for Wroxham after missing Monday's 1-1 draw with Barkingside, with Ben Price and Aaron Sanders missing.
Both sides made tentative starts, with many passes going astray in a scrappy initial period, before Romford took the lead on 15th minutes in innocuous circumstances.
George Woodward's free-kick was whipped in, with Reynolds rising highest to beat Robert Juhasz to the ball, his header trickling into the corner of the net.
Wroxham were struggling to penetrate the Romford defence, Joe Marsden's 25-yard effort that went well over the bar the best they could muster.
With the visitors looking to press at the start of the second half, Romford took advantage of the inevitable holes at the back to double their advantage on 51 minutes. Reynolds was found in acres of space down the left by Joe Oates' lovely through ball, the striker advancing into the box to keep his composure and slot the ball past Juhasz at the near post.
Wroxham were lacking intensity and quality as the game entered the final 15 minutes, Tim Cary placing a dipping volley onto the top of the bar and over in their only real chance of note.
- 1 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 4 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 5 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 6 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 7 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 8 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 9 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 10 Former paint brush factory could become large community church
The hosts secured all three points in injury time, Paul Clayton nodding in another Woodward cross to seal the win –Wroxham fifth loss in six games.