AFC Hornchurch 2 Norwich United 0: Tuohy at the double to dent Planters’ play-off hopes
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Norwich United play-off hopes suffered when they lost to two second half strikes from AFC Hornchurch forward Martin Tuohy, writes Norman Bygrave.
The Planters dominated first half possession but all too often the final ball was inaccurate and when the visitors did get shots away they were blocked or deflected wide.
The Urchins improved as the half progressed and twice Andy Wilton had to save from Tuohy, whilst Jamie Speller saw a late shot turned wide by Sam Mott and Cassimiro Datacampol headed the resultant corner over.
Adam Hipperson had an early chance after the break but fired over from an acute angle on the left and the hosts then took the lead, Tuohy heading home from an Usman Adeniji cut back. Tuohy scored his second when a deep free kick was only half-cleared to him and the striker's shot took a deflection past a helpless Wilton.
AFC Hornchurch: Mott, Bentley, Nesbitt, Lee, Easterford, Chouman, Thompson (Adeniji 18), Styles, Tuohy, Wall (Purcell 89), Seymour. Unused subs: Joseph, Hussein, Hursit.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich United: Wilton, Mason, Brown, Datocampol (L Jackson 66), Wones, Watts, Radomski, Speller, Hipperson, Henery (J Jackson 89), Finch. Unused subs: Jones, Stewart, Johnson.
Referee: Ryan Head. Assistants: Jordan Whitworth & Bobby Kwatt.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 9 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 10 Former factory site to become a new church