Adam O’Dell looking to retain British Championships at Adrian Flux Arena
- Credit: Archant
The 1300cc Stock Cars take centre stage at the Adrian Flux Arena in King's Lynn this Saturday (5.30pm) when their British Championship is staged.
Racing also comes from the 2L Stock Cars and the 1500cc Bangers. Adam O'Dell (Bedford) is the defending British champion having won the title at Ipswich last year. O'Dell has good form around Lynn and won the European Championship when it was staged at the venue two years ago.
O'Dell leads a very strong Spedeworth raiding party. The home promotion have been weakened with the top two drivers in the Trackstar points – Billy Smith (Diss) and Dan Booth (Spalding) having an enforced absence. An equally strong Scottish invasion is led by Scottish points champion Euan Mathieson (Lochgelly).
World Champion Dan Weavers (Norwich) heads the challenge for the home promotion but his form has been very patchy so far in 2017 and he will need to be at his very best to claim this important title. That said, Weaver was not given much chance of winning the World Final last year but drove the opposition into the ground en route to taking the title.
Other local drivers who will be looking to take the title include Todd Payne and Rob Spinks (both Norwich).
You may also want to watch:
2L Stock Car World Champion Simon Welton (Norwich) has been in sensational form at Lynn this year and the English Championship saw Welton claim his third Lynn final out of four meetings – an amazing purple patch from the world champion.
Michael Allard (Yarmouth) has been showing great form recently and came close to taking a hat-trick of victories at Mildenhall last weekend. Allard took the chequered flag in all three races but was docked two places by the stewards in the final for a jumped start which handed the win to Daniel Parker (Norwich) who is another driver who will be short odds to take the chequered flag again on Saturday.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 3 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 6 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
Completing the action on Sunday are the 1500cc Bangers where Lee White (Saffron Walden) will be looking to continue his great form in the class. Terry Garrod (Swaffham) will be full of confidence after winning the Unlimited Banger Supreme Championship at Mildenhall last weekend.