He’s staying! Marriott agrees deal with King’s Lynn Town
- Credit: Archant
Star striker Adam Marriott has given King’s Lynn Town a massive boost by agreeing to stay at The Walks.
Marriott’s future had been up in the air, despite Lynn securing an unlikely promotion to the National League.
The 29-year-old former Lincoln City and Stevenage player was thought to want what could have been a last crack at the Football League, but has now committed his immediate future to Lynn.
Marriott – once a part of the Norwich City Academy set-up – joined Lynn from Boston United in October 2018 – signed just before Ian Culverhouse took over as manager for the second time. Since then his form has been little short of sensational, with 58 goals in just 76 appearances, in all competitions.
He scored 28 goals in 31 league appearances last season as Lynn took the National League North by storm. His prolific scoring form earned him the Golden Boot award – as well as plenty of speculation linking him with clubs higher up the football pyramid.
You may also want to watch:
Key to his success was a stunning partnership forged with experienced striker Michael Gash.
The man who signed Marriott was Rob Back, now the club’s director of football but at that time joint manager.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 6 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 7 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 8 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
And it was Back who has now signed one of non league football’s hottest properties for the second time.
“I speak on behalf of everyone at the football club when I say we are truly delighted that Maz has agreed to stay with us for next season,” said Back.
“It has been a real slog to get this deal over the line, but everything is now completed, which I think is a real shot in the arm for our supporters, sponsors and everyone who has an interest in King’s Lynn Town Football Club.
“I think that secretly Adam has always wanted to stay with us here at Lynn and I think that we are now also able to offer National League football to him as well has swayed his decision.
“He’s a proven scorer and I’m looking forward to seeing him bulging the net again in our colours next season.
“I would like to thank everyone who has assisted in getting this deal arranged and confirmed.”