Acle upset Swaffham to reach Norfolk Senior Cup quarter-finals
- Credit: Archant
Acle twice fought back from two goals down to cause a Norfolk Senior Cup upset at Swaffham Town.
Goals from Tom Amiss, Sam Bryant, Sam Whitting and Charlie Bartram helped Acle to a 4-3 fourth-round win at Shoemakers Lane, where Swaffham's scorers were Michael Thompson, Alex Vincent and Jack Defty.
Hellesdon pushed another Thurlow Nunn Premier Division side, Thetford Town, before going out. It was to a 3-3 draw at the end of normal time, with Hellesdon's goals from scorers Elliott Roe (2) and Jamie Hall, but they fell away in extra time, losing 8-3.
The game between Spixworth and Dersingham Rovers was postponed due to a wet pitch while Harleston play Norwich United next week.
All of Saturday's Premier Division matches were postponed.
You may also want to watch:
Next Saturday, the league team host Spartan League in the FA Inter League Cup at Wroxham (3pm).
In Division One, Aylsham played their first match at the new Youngs Park facility and Richard Myhill, Stuart Boam and Tom Bush scored to earn them a 3-2 win over Hindringham in an entertaining match, in blustery conditions.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 5 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 9 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
Daniel Croker and Shaun Belton scored for the visitors. Goals from Matthew Holmes (2), Alex Perrin, Kevin Riches, Joseph McFarlane and an own goal gave Bungay Town a 6-1 win at Foulsham, Elliot Jackson replying.