Acle upset Swaffham to reach Norfolk Senior Cup quarter-finals
- Credit: Archant
Acle twice fought back from two goals down to cause a Norfolk Senior Cup upset at Swaffham Town.
Goals from Tom Amiss, Sam Bryant, Sam Whitting and Charlie Bartram helped Acle to a 4-3 fourth-round win at Shoemakers Lane, where Swaffham's scorers were Michael Thompson, Alex Vincent and Jack Defty.
Hellesdon pushed another Thurlow Nunn Premier Division side, Thetford Town, before going out. It was to a 3-3 draw at the end of normal time, with Hellesdon's goals from scorers Elliott Roe (2) and Jamie Hall, but they fell away in extra time, losing 8-3.
The game between Spixworth and Dersingham Rovers was postponed due to a wet pitch while Harleston play Norwich United next week.
All of Saturday's Premier Division matches were postponed.
You may also want to watch:
Next Saturday, the league team host Spartan League in the FA Inter League Cup at Wroxham (3pm).
In Division One, Aylsham played their first match at the new Youngs Park facility and Richard Myhill, Stuart Boam and Tom Bush scored to earn them a 3-2 win over Hindringham in an entertaining match, in blustery conditions.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 4 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 5 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 6 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 7 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 8 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
Daniel Croker and Shaun Belton scored for the visitors. Goals from Matthew Holmes (2), Alex Perrin, Kevin Riches, Joseph McFarlane and an own goal gave Bungay Town a 6-1 win at Foulsham, Elliot Jackson replying.