Acle unable to halt their batting slump in Carter Cup
Sunday's Carter Cup ties proved low-scoring affairs – with Acle's batsmen struggling more than most after being bowled out for just 43.
None of the teams batting first in the three matches posted more than 120 and when Acle dismissed Norwich for just 100, a quarter-final place seemed there for the taking.
However, not for the first time this season, Shaun Roberts' side stumbled with the bat as they fell 58 runs short of victory, with Ashley Watson taking four for five. Acle's top score in six completed league games this summer is 126 and they were also bowled out for just 28 in their NACO Cup first round defeat.
Mattishall produced a minor upset as they won by six wickets at Ashmanhaugh & Barton Wanderers.
The Alliance Premier Division hosts were all out for 120 before their Division One visitors wrapped up victory.
You may also want to watch:
But there were no surprises at Hethersett & Tas Valley as Great Witchingham stormed to a nine-wicket win.
Tas were bowled out for 107 in the 53rd over, with James Warne taking three for 16 and James Hale claiming three for 13.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 6 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 7 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 8 The top-rated McDonald's in Norfolk according to Tripadvisor
- 9 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 10 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
Troy Allen wasted little time in firing Witchingham to victory in the 25th over, finishing on 62no.
The five outstanding ties will take place this Sunday.
• Sunday's games
Carter Cup second round: Downham v Swardeston, Garboldisham v Swaffham, Horsford v Sprowston, North Runcton v Fakenham, Vauxhall Mallards v Diss.
Lady Mary Trophy first round (2pm): Dereham v Mundford, Martham v Beccles, Old Buckenham v Hardingham.