Acle on brink of the title
Acle A need just 3� points from their remaining two games to retain their Norfolk CIBA County League Division One title. Playing County Arts A at home, they won by 93 shots to 64 with the top rink that of Jason Roope with a 33-17 win.
Earlier in the week, Gallow A eased their relegation worries by beating fellow strugglers Pinewood Park A by 89 shots to 64, Jamie Chestney's rink winning 24-12.
Lynnsport are Division Two Champions and are promoted to Division One.
At the foot of the table, Shotford A moved out of the bottom two by beating Brecks A 85-73 at home, Dudley Page's rink getting top score with a 21-14 win.
However, both teams are still battling to avoid relegation along with Roundwood A.
You may also want to watch:
The other game in the division saw Browston A beat Hunstanton at home by 89 shots to 62, Peter Hurren's rink winning 29-13.
In Division Three, Pinewood Park B gained a vital 90-88 win at home to County Arts B despite the visitors' rink skipped by J Watkins winning 32-14.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 5 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 6 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 7 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 8 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 9 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
Although this win moves them above Old Hall, they remain in trouble at the bottom of the table, along with Norfolk BC C, who lost at home to Dereham A in another close match by 78 shots to 76, the Dereham rink skipped by R Rudling winning 25-11.
Despite losing 79-77 at home to Browston B, Wymondham B are promoted from Division Four. The Wymondham rink skipped by G Jinks won 29-10 to secure the point needed.
Acle C must now wait to see what Browston B do in their final game to decide the second promotion spot, after they lost 91-73 at Diss B, the Diss rink skipped by M Rich winning 39-14.
Dereham B lost 96-82 at home to North Walsham B, D Jeary's Walsham rink winning 33-14. Both Dereham B and Gallow B are relegated to Division Five.
Pentney B are promoted as champions of Division Five, with the second promotion place resting between Great Yarmouth A, Wymondham C, Shotford B and Great Yarmouth B.
The only match in the division saw Lakeside C beat Great Yarmouth B at home by 85 shots to 72, their rink skipped by R Howlett winning 29-12.
In the Norfolk CIBA Top Ten League, The Brecks IBC beat Acle IBC 81-79.
The Top Ten title will now be decided in the final match between Browston Hall A and Pentney on Sunday, March 27.