Acle move top of Anglian Combination as Cromer are held
Acle United took over at the top of the Premier Division after morning leaders Cromer were surprisingly held to a draw by lowly St Andrews.
Ian Morgan, Adam Hipperson and an own goal accounted for Acle's tally in a 3-1 win at home to Hempnall, with James Daniels on target for the relegation strugglers.
Cromer's 3-3 draw at home to St Andrews saw Liam Davies, David Harwood and Dale Wilton net for the hosts, with Charlie Bartram, Alex Taylor and an own goal ensuring a point for the visitors.
Blofield United could not cash in as they only drew 1-1 at Loddon. Daniel McKail scored for Blofield and Gary Summons registered for Loddon.
Mattishall arrested their slide with a 3-0 win against the team directly below them, Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves. Christian Harbour bagged a brace for Mattishall and Dale Reynolds also found the net.
You may also want to watch:
Wymondham Town took another small step towards safety with a 2-2 draw at Norwich St Johns. Robert Browne and Adam Plumstead got the Wymondham goals, with Charlton Halliday and Lloyd Greening scoring for St Johns.
Roy Bevis (2) and Jack Mollicone fired Spixworth to a 3-0 win against managerless bottom side Wells, while Samuel Harty (2) and Paul Cook were on target in Wroxham Reserves' 3-2 win against Sheringham. Jodi Norris and Ben Abbs netted for Sheringham.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 7 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 8 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 9 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 10 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
In Division One, leaders Dersingham Rovers were stunned by a 2-1 defeat at bottom side Watton, with Mark Ward and Kevin Bloomfield scoring for the hosts.
Second-placed Stalham could not take advantage as they also lost, 4-2 at Reepham, but Poringland moved up to third with a 6-1 demolition of Brandon.
Karl Bush scored twice as Bradenham Wanderers boosted their survival hopes with a 3-2 win against Sprowston Athletic.