Acle go top as rivals suffer in Norfolk Senior Cup
Acle United and Spixworth needed no second invitations to take advantage of their rivals' involvement in the second round of the Norfolk Senior Cup at the weekend.
Both enjoyed 2-0 home victories which took them into first and second place in the Premier Division.
Acle sit on top of the pile, after Adam Hipperson and Oliver Savage goals put paid to Wroxham Reserves, while Roy Bevis and Daniel Barraclough secured Spixworth's win over Cromer Town.
They were the only two matches played in the top flight, with another two in Division One, where Hellesdon hammered Hempnall 10-1. Jamie Smith scored a hat-trick, Glen Spooner and Daniel Whitman two apiece, with the extras coming from Kieran Brown, Charlie Smith and an own goal.
Horsford United were 3-1 winners over Mundford – Thomas Swabey, Leon Dawdry and Stuart Clark were on target for the hosts, with Fabio Almeida replying.
The other action of the day was confined to the cups, with Reepham, who had led the Premier Division in the morning, suffering a double whammy when they were knocked out in the second round of the Senior Cup, going down 2-1 at home to Foulsham.
Benjamin Darby and Lee Burton scored for Foulsham, who are riding high in Division One, with Ashley Dearing scoring for the Premier Division side.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 7 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Transport plans approved despite 'lack of' climate change measures
- 10 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
Blofield United needed a penalty shootout to get past Norwich CEYMS after the match finished 4-4. Chris Holmes (3) and Benjamin Morgan scored for Blofield, with Damian Didwell (2), Darrell Delaney and Dale Rayner on target for the visitors.
Division One leaders North Walsham Town beat Premier Division Loddon United 4-2 away – Perry Payne, Dale Wilton, Charlie Skipper and Daniel Broom getting their goals.
Caister also fell to a Division One side, Lee Barrett getting the only goal of the game for hosts Long Stratton.
St Andrews were 4-3 winners at Aylsham. Alex Ingham, Chris Priest, Matthew Dawson and Raphael Gure were on target for St Andrews, with Richard Myhill (2) and Mark Gaskin scoring for their hosts.
Bradenham Wanderers beat Poringland Wanderers 6-1, while Stalham Town were 2-1 winners at Harleston and Mattishall won 3-2 at Sheringham.