Acle closing in on another title as Spixworth slip up
- Credit: Archant
Acle United took full advantage of a slip by morning leaders Spixworth to take over top spot.
While Spixworth were being held to a 0-0 draw at Scole, Acle – looking for a fourth consecutive title – were thrashing Long Stratton 5-0, thanks to goals from Ricky Forder (two), Charlie Bartram, Kevin Winkworth and an own goal. Jody Cork, Stephen Kelly and Haydn Davis scored as St Andrews got back to winning ways with a 3-0 win over Cromer Town.
Goals from Stephen Drake (2), Ashley Dearing and Nathan Savage gave Reepham Town a 4-1 win at Blofield United, whose goal was scored by Ben Morgan. Mattishall beat Caister 1-0 with a Tom Hill goal.
Scott Woodgate, Sam Watts and Nick Howell scored as Harleston Town beat Norwich CEYMS 3-2, Darren Smith and Aaron Smith on target for the city side. A Dominic Doggett goal earned Mulbarton Wanderers a 1-0 win over Dersingham Rovers.
In Division One, Stalham Town still lead after goals from Pat Gainsford (2), Ryan Beeson and Darren Patterson saw them beat Hellesdon 4-3. Ross Pantry, Andy Cunningham and Glen Spooner scored for Hellesdon.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Mawford scored a hat-trick with Ryan Bloomfield and Bradley Hough also on target as Waveney beat Holt 5-1.
Goals from Matt Billing (2), Will Abbs and Stuart Boam gave Aylsham a 4-2 win at Beccles Town.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Man seriously injured after crash
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 5 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 8 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 9 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 10 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing