Acle closing in on another title as Spixworth slip up
- Credit: Archant
Acle United took full advantage of a slip by morning leaders Spixworth to take over top spot.
While Spixworth were being held to a 0-0 draw at Scole, Acle – looking for a fourth consecutive title – were thrashing Long Stratton 5-0, thanks to goals from Ricky Forder (two), Charlie Bartram, Kevin Winkworth and an own goal. Jody Cork, Stephen Kelly and Haydn Davis scored as St Andrews got back to winning ways with a 3-0 win over Cromer Town.
Goals from Stephen Drake (2), Ashley Dearing and Nathan Savage gave Reepham Town a 4-1 win at Blofield United, whose goal was scored by Ben Morgan. Mattishall beat Caister 1-0 with a Tom Hill goal.
Scott Woodgate, Sam Watts and Nick Howell scored as Harleston Town beat Norwich CEYMS 3-2, Darren Smith and Aaron Smith on target for the city side. A Dominic Doggett goal earned Mulbarton Wanderers a 1-0 win over Dersingham Rovers.
In Division One, Stalham Town still lead after goals from Pat Gainsford (2), Ryan Beeson and Darren Patterson saw them beat Hellesdon 4-3. Ross Pantry, Andy Cunningham and Glen Spooner scored for Hellesdon.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Mawford scored a hat-trick with Ryan Bloomfield and Bradley Hough also on target as Waveney beat Holt 5-1.
Goals from Matt Billing (2), Will Abbs and Stuart Boam gave Aylsham a 4-2 win at Beccles Town.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?