A smart turn out for girls
The Norfolk girls turned out in style for the start of the 2011 season.
They were dressed in new kit for their first match, against Suffolk at Bungay and Waveney Valley.
The first and second-team outfits were paid for by money raised for the Norfolk girls, who attract the generous support of ladies' sections in the county.
Both teams were beaten but their performance encouraged county junior organiser Carol Delf.
She said: 'It was a good match for the start of the season.
You may also want to watch:
'Suffolk proved stronger over the closing stages and edged their way to a win over the final holes.'
Gabriella Masding, of Royal Norwich, who was making her debut for the first-team, secured a point, while Juliet Fenton (King's Lynn) halved.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
Jennifer Hide (Royal Norwich) and Ellie Judd (Eaton) lost only on the last green.
In the second-team, Jessica Dixon and Alisha Margerum (Thetford) had a good win, while Emma Dann (The Norfolk) and Charlotte Hatch (Bawburgh) were narrowly beaten.
Hannah Hamlin (Royal Norwich) and Sian Fenn Green (The Norfolk) made their first appearance for the team and, although they lost, their performance promised well for the future.
• Norfolk I: Jennifer Hide lost to Blaize Esmond 1 down, Maisy Turner (Hunstanton) lost to Emily Rothwell 4 and 3, Ruby Plume (Sprowston Manor) lost to Lily Kent 4 and 3, Juliet Fenton halved with Sarah Jane Barker, Gabriella Masding beat Mellis Schroeder 2 up, Ellie Judd lost to Abbie Symonds 1 down.
• Norfolk II: Emma Dann and Charlotte Hatch lost to Eleanor Tindall and Alice Barlow 1 down, Jessica Dixon and Alisha Margerum beat Lottie Whyman and Amy Bray 3 and 1, Hannah Hamlin and Sian Fenn Green lost to Eloise Aldous and Gabby Kenworthy 5 and 4.