A first for Norwich United while Dereham look to get back on track after derby draw
- Credit: Tom Smith/Focus Images Limited
Norwich United go into their first ever meeting with Tilbury looking to put their recent bad run behind them.
October has seen them take just one win, albeit an impressive 3-0 victory over high flying Bury Town, from their five fixtures.
Manager Steve Eastaugh will be hoping the recent spate of injuries will soon ease, but he did move to strengthen his squad, signing Dawid Radomski from Dereham Town.
Radomski, who made his debut in the 3-0 defeat at fourth placed Maldon & Tiptree on Tuesday, is set to make his home debut in front of the Plantation Park faithful today. Whilst Remi Gordon is expected to be out for some time, it is hoped others on the injury list will soon start to feature in the squad. Adam Hipperson, Matt Brown, Ben Jones and Joe Jackson have all been missing in recent games.
Tilbury will also be looking for an improvement in form, having managed a solitary point from their last two home games, losing 3-1 to Ware on Tuesday. They haven't won since October 1 when they returned from Brighlingsea Regent with a 3-2 victory. The Dockers sit just one point and two places below the Planters.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham are also at home as they take on mid-table rivals VCD Athletic, who they are level on points with.
The Magpies are looking to shake off the frustration of conceding a late equaliser in Tuesday night's derby clash at Wroxham. That was an improvement on the surprise 5-2 home loss at lowly Thamesmead but now Matt Henman's team will be looking to get back on track amid the comforts of Aldiss Park.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 4 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 5 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 6 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 7 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 8 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 9 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 10 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
Wroxham travel to struggling Waltham Abbey buoyed by that 83rd-minute leveller from Vincent Datacampol in the derby, as they look to extend their four-match unbeaten run.
They face a Waltham side who have lost three of their last four league games and who know Wroxham would move off the bottom of the table and above them with a win.