A draw or better at Belle Vue Aces will clinch Elite League top spot for King’s Lynn Stars
- Credit: IAN BURT
King's Lynn Stars know what they have to do tonight in their final fixture of the regular season to finish top of the Elite League.
Rob Lyon's riders have led the way for almost all of 2014 and booked their place in the play-offs some weeks ago. But their hopes of landing top-flight glory could be boosted massively by picking up a positive result at Belle Vue Aces in front of the Sky Sports cameras.
For if the Norfolk Arena outfit pick up at least a draw in Manchester, they will leapfrog Poole, one point above them having ridden all of their 32 meetings, and bag pole position – thus being handed the chance to choose their semi-final opponents.
Stars' heat leaders Niels-Kristian Iversen and Kenneth Bjerre are still sidelined. Their places will be taken by Coventry pair Chris Harris and Hans Andersen – who will take on Belle Vue for their team in the first of the night's double-header before Lynn battle the Aces. Max Clegg replaces Simon Lambert who is in National League play-off duty for Kent.
Lyon said: 'We want to finish top of the league and I believe we can do it.'
You may also want to watch:
Poole, Coventry and Swindon are the other clubs who have landed a top-four slot alongside Lynn ahead of the end-of-season shoot-out.
Belle Vue: 1 Matej Zagar, 2 Michael Palm Toft, 3 Scott Nicholls, 4 Richie Worrall, 5 Craig Cook, 6 Paul Starke (Guest), 7 Lee Payne
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 3 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 4 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 5 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 6 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 7 Couple's heartbreak leads to 28 hour stream to support baby loss charity
- 8 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 9 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 10 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
Lynn: 1 Chris Harris (G), 2 Robert Lambert, 3 Hans Andersen (G), 4 Nicklas Porsing, 5 Rory Schlein, 6 Lewis Kerr, 7 Max Clegg (G)