750 Motor Club members get to try both circuits at Snetterton
The 750 Motor Club will be making its first foray onto the Snetterton 300 Circuit this Saturday while reverting to the shorter 200 layout for Sunday's entertainment.
Norwich's Richard Jenkins is having a strong Locost season and currently holds second place in the series and like the rest of the small sports car racers will be keen to sample the bigger Snetterton track.
Expect the local racers chief rivals to be triple winner Alastair Garratt plus race winners Lee Bankhurst and Danny Andrew.
The BMW Compact Cup has proved to be a resounding success in which King's Lynn racer Andrew Tsang proved to be the best in 2012 and aims to continue the theme this weekend.
Andrew Dew is another local racer while Stuart Voyce would like to build upon his recent double victory at Brands Hatch. Paul Rogers will not have to travel far from his Attleborough home and the former RGB champion is currently joint third in the series but may find the Spire GT3's of Matthew Higginson and Alastair Boulton a bit too quick.
You may also want to watch:
The Stock Hatch series races on the 200 with Blofield's Martin Ward renewing his battle with Matt Fincham with the new for 2013 Renault Clio Sport 182 model. The local racer won on his home circuit two years ago and would like a repeat on Sunday.
Formula Vee is currently ruled by Paul Smith but Ben Anderson will hope to break his winning streak while local racers Peter Studer and Keith Farrance will be hoping local knowledge will give them an edge over their rivals.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 5 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 6 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 7 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 8 Former village pub for sale as home
- 9 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 10 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
Tim Gray will line up against legendary race car designer Adrian Reynard in the Bikesports events while it will be good to see the return of Roadsports to the Club's line up.
Completing the mammoth 22 event line up are races for MGB's, Toyota MR2's, Thoroughbread Sportscars, the new 750 Single Seater Cup plus twin races for the entertaining 750 Formula with racing from 11.40am on both days.