12-year-old kart driver still leads British championships
- Credit: Kartpix.net
Oliver Clarke from Downham Market remains at the top of the leader board after completing the 3rd round of the British Super One Series in Larkhall, Scotland.
The 12-year-old is now leading the championships by 15 points after finishing second in the final race at the weekend.
He got off to a great start winning the first heat, coming second in the second heat and then finishing third in the pre-final.
Starting third on the grid in the final, he quickly moved up to second place gaining a 10-second lead away from the main pack in the final lap.
A report on the event said: 'Getting ready to make a move for the top spot Oliver was disappointed that the race was red flagged so was unable to convert second to first place.'
The full race is going to be aired on Motors TV on Monday, August 3 and then uploaded to the Super One Series YouTube channel.
The Iceni Academy student is now gearing up for his next events in August.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 10 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed
- To sponsor Oliver contact his father Jeremy on 01553 810851.