12-year-old kart driver still leads British championships
- Credit: Kartpix.net
Oliver Clarke from Downham Market remains at the top of the leader board after completing the 3rd round of the British Super One Series in Larkhall, Scotland.
The 12-year-old is now leading the championships by 15 points after finishing second in the final race at the weekend.
He got off to a great start winning the first heat, coming second in the second heat and then finishing third in the pre-final.
Starting third on the grid in the final, he quickly moved up to second place gaining a 10-second lead away from the main pack in the final lap.
A report on the event said: 'Getting ready to make a move for the top spot Oliver was disappointed that the race was red flagged so was unable to convert second to first place.'
You may also want to watch:
The full race is going to be aired on Motors TV on Monday, August 3 and then uploaded to the Super One Series YouTube channel.
The Iceni Academy student is now gearing up for his next events in August.
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 2 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 3 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 6 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 7 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 8 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 9 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 10 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- To sponsor Oliver contact his father Jeremy on 01553 810851.