Speeder clocked at 130mph on A11 at Elveden is banned for 10 weeks
- Credit: Archant © 2010
A speeding motorist who admitted driving at 130mph on the A11 has been disqualified from driving.
Nicholas Jowett was clocked by police travelling at 130mph on the A11 at Elveden in a Honda Civic at 7.45pm on June 19.
The 49-year-old, of Waterloo Court, Bletchley, Milton Keynes had previously pleaded guilty by post but his case was sent to Ipswich magistrates for review.
He said that the prospect of being disqualified from driving would make his life 'difficult', such as driving to work and he had made 'a silly mistake'.
Jowett was previously convicted for speeding in August 2014 and was given three points for that offence.
You may also want to watch:
For his latest offence he was banned from driving for 10 weeks, fined £300 and told to pay a further £85 in costs and a £30 surcharge.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 7 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre