South Norfolk Council gears up for fun day
A packed programme of entertainment is being organised at a district council headquarters next month for the annual Discover South Norfolk Day.
South Norfolk Council will be opening up its doors to families on Sunday, July 17 for the fun day at Long Stratton.
The free event, run by the local authority, will take place between 11am and 4pm and will feature Britain's Got Talent semi finalists Hoop La La, and local cabaret artist Craig Catchpole as well as theatre and live music.
The Mango Steel Band and street performers Snailympics will also appear on the day.
Martin Wilby, South Norfolk Council deputy leader said: 'Last year was fantastic and this year will be better. We want people from across south Norfolk to come and find out how we work with our partners to serve this fantastic community - and have fun at the same time.
You may also want to watch:
'Almost sixty different events and exhibits will show the real range of what our district has to offer, and what makes it such a great place to live and work.'
Primary schools will be displaying their planted wheel barrows as a part of a green competition.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price