Six things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Looking for something to do in Norfolk this weekend? Here's a quick guide to some of the events taking place.
Saturday July 9
• Summer Celebration Fair and Open Day, City College Norwich, 10am-2pm, Free entry
As part of its 125-year anniversary celebrations, City College Norwich is holding a summer fair and open day this weekend. The fair, which will include rides such as a Ferris Wheel and Carousel, as well as traditional games, food, live music, photo booth and a climbing wall, is open to all and free to attend.
You may also want to watch:
• Cromer Pier Show 2, Cromer Pavilion Theatre, 8pm, £10-£21.50
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 7 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 8 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 9 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 10 Tributes to Norwich mum who died from breast cancer aged 47
The second Cromer Summer Pier Show kicks off this weekend at the Pavilion Theatre and will run until September 7. The performance is guaranteed to bring more music, more glitzy costumes and more comedy than the first and is ideal for anyone seeking something a little different to do this weekend.
• Festival Too, Tuesday Market Place, King's Lynn, From 6.30pm, Free Entry
Music fans across the county will be gathering in King's Lynn this Saturday for the final night of the free festival that has so far seen The Vamps and Odyssey take to the stage. This Saturday will be the turn of multi-platinum selling singer Gabrielle, famous for her 1993 song Dreams, and rising star BB Diamond.
Sunday July 10
• The Hanseatic Water Ski Race, King's Lynn Town Centre, Races start at 10am, Free to watch
This weekend Hunstanton Ski Club will be hosting the second Hanseatic Ski Race on the River Great Ouse. The event will see Formula one, two and three water ski racing. Spectators are welcome watch from the banks of the Great Ouse for free, where there will also be several fun activities taking place including face-painting and stalls.
• Gressenhall Goes Wild, Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse, 10am-5pm, Standard admission prices apply
On Sunday at Gressenhall, families are invited to take a walk on the wild side with local nature detective Stuart Burgess. Take on the role of detective and discover what's growing in the gardens, what bugs are living in the grounds and what the tadpoles are up to in the pond.
• Herbert Woods 90th Anniversary Fete and Water Frolic, Broads Haven, Potter Heigham, 10am-5pm,
Join Herbert Woods as they celebrate their 90th anniversary by hosting a traditional summer fete and water frolic, featuring stalls, food, boats, games, crafts a teddy bear parachute jump and much more.
• Are you hosting a local event? You can list it on our website.