Sign up plea for Downham Market Water Festival
Clubs, pubs, businesses and sports teams are being urged to sign up for the Downham Market Water Festival while there are still places available.
There has been a steady flow of teams signing up to take part in the Dragon Boat racing competition, which will take place close to the Hythe Bridge on the Relief Channel on August 14.
The event, now in its fifth year, is organised by a committee of volunteers and was sponsored last year by Downham Market Town Council, West Norfolk council and the EDP.
Abbie Panks, the town council's events co-ordinator, said the maximum number of team slots available will be 28, which are being sold on a first-come-first-served basis.
Teams can be made up of between six and 15 paddlers and a drummer and team entry costs �150.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Panks said the fun event is perfect for team bonding and to raise thousands of pounds for charity.
Each team has three races from which to record their two best times and the top eight teams with the quickest times then battle out over the 100-metre course for a place in the final. Last year 18 teams battled to rule the waves.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash
For more information, call 01366 387770.