Sign up plea for Downham Market Water Festival
Clubs, pubs, businesses and sports teams are being urged to sign up for the Downham Market Water Festival while there are still places available.
There has been a steady flow of teams signing up to take part in the Dragon Boat racing competition, which will take place close to the Hythe Bridge on the Relief Channel on August 14.
The event, now in its fifth year, is organised by a committee of volunteers and was sponsored last year by Downham Market Town Council, West Norfolk council and the EDP.
Abbie Panks, the town council's events co-ordinator, said the maximum number of team slots available will be 28, which are being sold on a first-come-first-served basis.
Teams can be made up of between six and 15 paddlers and a drummer and team entry costs �150.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Panks said the fun event is perfect for team bonding and to raise thousands of pounds for charity.
Each team has three races from which to record their two best times and the top eight teams with the quickest times then battle out over the 100-metre course for a place in the final. Last year 18 teams battled to rule the waves.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named
For more information, call 01366 387770.