‘Sheeple Chase’ race will be among highlights of upcoming fun day
- Credit: Archant
Visitors to an upcoming family fun day will be able to see a different kind of 'woolly jumper'.
The event at The Grange historic farmstead in Fundenhall will include two sheep races called the 'Lamb National' and the 'Sheeple Chase', in which the woolly competitors need to negotiate a series of hurdles.
The Saturday, September 2 event will also feature a dog show, a mock car rescue by members of the fire service and a display of classic cars, Triumph Stags and farm machinery.
Young visitors will be able to enjoy a bouncy castle, face paining and children's games, and there will a licenced bar for the adults.
The New Buckenham Silver band will help to keep visitors entertained.
You may also want to watch:
All dogs are welcome in the show, which has categories including one just for rescue dogs. The fun day starts at midday and final prizes will be handed out at 4pm. The sheep races will take place at 1pm and 3.30pm.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns