Several vehicles damaged in Fakenham blaze
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to George Edwards Road, where six vehicles are believed to have been damaged, just after 8.30am.
Two appliances from the town found a number of cars on fire at Anglia Recovery.
Watch manager Gary Thorpe, from Fakenham fire station, said: 'There was a car on fire in close proxmity to other vehicles in a yard. The fire than spread to five other vehicles and also did some superficial damage to a corner of the building.
'Four firefighters using breathing apparatus and hose reel jets extinguished the fire.
'We have taken car of any environmental issues with water run-off and we're happy that the site is safe and it shouldn't reignite again.'
Crews were on site for just over an hour. A thermal image camera was also used to check for hotspots. The cause of the fire is unknown.
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 4 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 7 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm
- 8 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
- 9 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 10 Warning for drivers as Met Office issues ice warning across Norfolk