Several vehicles damaged in Fakenham blaze
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called to George Edwards Road, where six vehicles are believed to have been damaged, just after 8.30am.
Two appliances from the town found a number of cars on fire at Anglia Recovery.
Watch manager Gary Thorpe, from Fakenham fire station, said: 'There was a car on fire in close proxmity to other vehicles in a yard. The fire than spread to five other vehicles and also did some superficial damage to a corner of the building.
'Four firefighters using breathing apparatus and hose reel jets extinguished the fire.
'We have taken car of any environmental issues with water run-off and we're happy that the site is safe and it shouldn't reignite again.'
You may also want to watch:
Crews were on site for just over an hour. A thermal image camera was also used to check for hotspots. The cause of the fire is unknown.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 5 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 6 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 7 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 8 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school