Seething Charity Air Day set for take off
All eyes will be looking to the skies above Norfolk on Sunday as the Seething Charity Air Day returns.
The festival of classic aircraft has become a popular event in the calendar, with more than �10,000 raised for the East Anglian Air Ambulance through the event.
And this year more than 90 years of flying history will be celebrated as the Seething Flying Club puts on the show at the airfield, near Loddon.
The event, which is supported by the EDP, will welcome spectacular aerobatics and classic aircraft to the skies of Norfolk, while there will also be classic cars, military vehicles and the opportunity to visit Seething's Tower Museum. David Smith, of the organising committee, said that there was a great line-up for visitors.
'The air display will begin with not one but two spitfires which should be a stunning sight over the old second world war airfield,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
Following the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Spitfire flypast, will be The Grace Spitfire, ML407, which served in the front line of battle during the final 12 months of the second world war.
The Wildcat Aerobatics and Trig Aerobatic Team will provide an aerial spectacle, before the Great War Display Team, which will feature two RAF SE5As and two German Junkers CL1S simulating a dog fight.
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 7 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk
Fiesler Storch will be a new flying act, ahead of the Mustang Pair, Ryan PT20, ME108. Further aerobatics will be provided by the EDGJ Edge.
Gates for the event will open at 10am and the air display will be from 2-4.30pm.
Tickets are 10 for adults, �5 for under 16s and a family of two adults and two children �25.
Money raised from the event will also go to the St John Ambulance.
For more on the day visit www.seethingcharityairday.com