Ruby Wax talks stress and mindfulness in Latitude show
- Credit: Archant
Ruby Wax's one-woman show, Sane New World, came to Latitude on Saturday afternoon.
It tackled complex issues of stress, mindfulness and why our brains cannot take in any more information.
She spoke for an hour on why we get stressed, how hormones affect our bodies and what we can do to try and prevent our brains becoming overloaded.
You could hear a pin drop in the theatre arena as the audience hung on her every word.
During a brief question and answer session, Wax was unflinchingly honest about her own mental health, which only seemed to add to the amount of respect the crowd had for the comedian.
You may also want to watch:
Her trademark humour was ever-present though, despite the serious nature of the subject mater, and it was also incredibly accessible.
A very affecting show, which will stay with the audience long after they have washed away the Henham Park dust.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer