Ruby Wax talks stress and mindfulness in Latitude show
- Credit: Archant
Ruby Wax's one-woman show, Sane New World, came to Latitude on Saturday afternoon.
It tackled complex issues of stress, mindfulness and why our brains cannot take in any more information.
She spoke for an hour on why we get stressed, how hormones affect our bodies and what we can do to try and prevent our brains becoming overloaded.
You could hear a pin drop in the theatre arena as the audience hung on her every word.
During a brief question and answer session, Wax was unflinchingly honest about her own mental health, which only seemed to add to the amount of respect the crowd had for the comedian.
You may also want to watch:
Her trademark humour was ever-present though, despite the serious nature of the subject mater, and it was also incredibly accessible.
A very affecting show, which will stay with the audience long after they have washed away the Henham Park dust.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park