Review: Pirates Live at Great Yarmouth Hippodrome is a swashbuckling experience for the whole family to treasure
- Credit: James Bass
Frills, spills and death-defying feats. This is what to expect when you take in the swashbuckling Pirates Live at Great Yarmouth's Hippodrome Circus.
In a show that delivers as many gasps as it does laughs, there really is something for every member of the family, as a cast of actors, acrobats and dare devils, provide a bountiful treasure chest of entertainment.
In the true spirit of a variety show, the performance combines stunning displays of acrobatics with slapstick comedy, pyrotechnics and cheekily placed pop-culture references.
The on-stage chemistry of duo Jack Jay and Johnny Mac as Captain Jack Hawkseye and Pirate Johnny respectively provides a super backdrop, however, it is fearless feats of the stunt people that really delivers. It's impossible not the be astounded by somersaults through rings of fire, and blazing limbo sticks.
Other highlights of the performance include a true heart-in-mouth moment courtesy of a spellbinding aerialist and even an appearance from a local musical celebrity - of sorts - in the form of a singer by the name of Ed Sheering.
You may also want to watch:
From start to finish, Pirates Live caters to audience members of all ages, with plenty of participation for children and sharp rapier wit tied in for good measure.
All in all the two-hour show provides a swashbuckling feast of fun, and an experience to truly treasure. Argh!
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 4 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 10 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone