Review: Deacon Blue at Thetford Forest
- Credit: Archant
Talk about a fixture clash. Playing the same night as the World Cup final, it seems most people opted for the TV.
Shame - you missed a hat-trick of great acts.
Quirky singer-songwriter Nell Hudson kicked things off well. I liked Roddy Hart and the Lonesome Fire, who reminded me of The Gaslight Anthem so much I got their debut CD for the drive home.
Most of us were old enough to remember Deacon Blue, who came on to claps and cheers you'd expect from a crowd twice the size, from back in the day.
So it's no wonder we were straight on our feet singing along like old friends to hits including the fate tempting Raintown, Fergus Sings the Blues and Chocolate Girl.
You may also want to watch:
A great night that deserved a better turnout.
What did you think of Deacon Blue's performance? Contact reporter Wayne Savage at Wayne.email@example.com
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns