Reepham Festival shaping up to be ‘really special’
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of this year's Reepham Festival have announced that Ska legends The Selecter have signed up as the headline act.
Fronted by original vocal duo Pauline Black and Arthur 'Gaps' Hendrickson, whose eighties hits included On My Radio, Three Minute Hero and Too Much Pressure, are set to rock out the Rookery Meadow main stage and bring the first day's festivities to an unforgettable close.
This year's music festival is scheduled for the weekend of August 8 and 9 and also confirmed are Norfolk outfit Walkway, fresh from their summer triumph supporting Status Quo at Holkham Hall, and much-loved band ELO Again, whose homage to seventies giants Electric Light Orchestra is considered one of the finest tribute acts in the UK.
Festival director Steve Jenkins said: 'We are over the moon to have The Selecter on board. To have an act of their calibre on our bill just goes to show that our festival is well and truly on the map. The 2015 event is shaping up to be a really special one.
'Our focus is packing the bill with brilliant acts and also getting sponsors to help us really build on the success of previous years.
You may also want to watch:
'What's special about the Reepham Festival is that it brings music lovers of all ages together in a family friendly atmosphere, and the proceeds go to local charities.
'We hope this year will be a success for everyone.'
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
* Whitwell & Reepham Railway is giving music fans the chance to beat the rush for tickets to the Reepham Festival 2015 – by launching the early bird ticket sale on Saturday.
Lucky visitors will have the chance to buy their tickets for the festival, and camping, at the station, just ahead of the official early bird ticket release on Monday, February 2.
As the festival's main sponsor, Whitwell & Reepham Station is able to offer visitors their tickets at last year's prices – £20 per adult for a weekend of fantastic music.
Saturday activities also include train rides, a play area for kids and a chance to explore the history of the station at the on-site museum. Refreshments will be available with the café serving tea and cakes, the Sidings bar open with a selection of ales on tap and the BBQ will be fired up too.
For more information and line-up of confirmed acts visit the website www.reephamfestival.co.uk.
* Are you organising an event? Email email@example.com