Quidenham-based Mad Dogs and Englishmen Theatre Company brings Charles Dickens’ David Copperfield to life at Diss Corn Hall and New Buckenham Village Hall
Charles Dickens' David Copperfield will take to the stage at Diss Corn Hall on Friday, April 27, and at New Buckenham Village Hall on Saturday, April 28, at 7.30pm.
An evening of pure theatre, Dickens' favourite tale is performed with a flourish by the award-winning Quidenham-based Mad Dogs and Englishmen Theatre Company.
Replete with comic, cruel and repugnant characters, Dickens' semi-autobiographical novel follows a vulnerable boy on his journey to manhood. It is a story of the struggle against poverty and obscurity: a story of loss, of loneliness, and the betrayal of innocence.
Touring nationally, this fast-paced and faithful new adaptation evokes all the hilarity and pathos of Dickens' writing and is sure to entertain and delight.
Mad Dogs and Englishmen has a national reputation, its productions ranging from classical Shakespeare to new writing and exciting adaptations.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the Diss performance are �10, concessions �9. Box Office www.disscornhall.co.uk, 01379 652241 or visit 11am-4pm, Monday-Saturday.
Tickets for the New Buckenham performance, sponsored by New Buckenham Arts, are �8.50 and �7.50, from Kings Stores, New Buckenham, or call 01953 860708.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 6 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 9 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 10 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand