Quidenham-based Mad Dogs and Englishmen Theatre Company brings Charles Dickens’ David Copperfield to life at Diss Corn Hall and New Buckenham Village Hall
Charles Dickens' David Copperfield will take to the stage at Diss Corn Hall on Friday, April 27, and at New Buckenham Village Hall on Saturday, April 28, at 7.30pm.
An evening of pure theatre, Dickens' favourite tale is performed with a flourish by the award-winning Quidenham-based Mad Dogs and Englishmen Theatre Company.
Replete with comic, cruel and repugnant characters, Dickens' semi-autobiographical novel follows a vulnerable boy on his journey to manhood. It is a story of the struggle against poverty and obscurity: a story of loss, of loneliness, and the betrayal of innocence.
Touring nationally, this fast-paced and faithful new adaptation evokes all the hilarity and pathos of Dickens' writing and is sure to entertain and delight.
Mad Dogs and Englishmen has a national reputation, its productions ranging from classical Shakespeare to new writing and exciting adaptations.
Tickets for the Diss performance are �10, concessions �9. Box Office www.disscornhall.co.uk, 01379 652241 or visit 11am-4pm, Monday-Saturday.
Tickets for the New Buckenham performance, sponsored by New Buckenham Arts, are �8.50 and �7.50, from Kings Stores, New Buckenham, or call 01953 860708.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 3 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 4 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 5 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 6 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 7 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 8 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 9 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 10 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack