Pulham hall hosts ‘indoor’ fireworks
A community facility in south Norfolk is set to stage an 'indoor firework display' next week, which is believed to be the first of its kind in the UK.
The Pennoyer Centre in Pulham St Mary, which opened earlier this year, will be hosting the unique event on Thursday November 4.
A new indoor firework digital projection system will be used to display a realistic firework display inside the historical centre on the walls and ceiling, set to classical music.
The firework projector is provided by entertainment agency Add Some Music who say that the system is perfect for those who do not want to stand out in the cold and for younger children who may find the real thing too noisy.
Organisers added that the indoor fireworks also do not pose the safety issues of a real event.
You may also want to watch:
The event at the Pennoyer Centre will start at 4pm with a Guy-making workshop, which costs 50p per person. The workshop will be followed by the 'fireworks' at about 7pm.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman