Programme packed full of entertainment to thrill audiences at the Seagull Theatre this month
- Credit: Seagull Theatre
A packed programme of entertainment is set to thrill audiences at The Seagull Theatre this month.
Tomorrow (January 14) Simon Evans and David Aula present The Vanishing Man.
Hugo Cedar was an Edwardian magician known as The Vanishing Man he created the perfect trick and then disappeared forever, but his story lives on.
Directors and performers Simon Evans and Donmar Warehouse, team up to create a time-hopping, misdirection-abusing, mind-bending examination of what really happens when a man, in full sight of his audience, simply ceases to be.
This is the story of a magic trick: the greatest one ever performed.
You may also want to watch:
Start time is 7.30pm. Tickets are £10.
On Sunday New Words, Fresh Voices returns to The Seagull Theatre. New Words, Fresh Voices is a bi-monthly performance platform for local poets and songwriters. Described as 'a place of truth-telling which is the basis of all good poetry', contributors explore what is good, bad and fascinating about being human with refreshing honesty and good humour.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 10 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
If you would like to take part in this event, contact Ian Fosten 07791 068080 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start time is 7.30pm and tickets cost £4.
While Sunday January 22 will see the return of Pakefield-born Rob Houchen with his live show - Rob Houchen - Home and Unplugged.
Rob Houchen grew up in Pakefield and as a youngster performed at The Seagull Theatre.
Since then he has starred in shows in the West End, most recently at Marius in Les Miserables.
Performance starts at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £15/£13.
For more details of events and opportunities at the Seagull Theatre please contact the box office on 01502 589726.
Or visit the website www.theseagull.co.uk.