Primula Festival and Spring Plant Fair at Blacksmiths Cottage Nursery in Langmere
The Primula Festival and Spring Plant Fair at Blacksmiths Cottage Nursery in Langmere will take place on Sunday, April 22, 10am-3pm.
The event, between Dickleburgh and Rushall, will feature local and regional nurseries selling a wide range of plants including perennials, shrubs, potted bulbs and some alpines.
Nurseries and growers include: Lionel Ponder, Richard Hobbs, Monksilver Nursery, Plantsman's Preference and Margaret Bumpus.
A Royal Horticultural Society lecture will take place from 10am to 11.30am, with Ben Potterton and Joe Sharman talking about native primulas and exotic primulas which thrive in Norfolk gardens. Tickets cost �4 on the day.
Visitors will be able to view a collection of old-fashioned primrose varieties and some new double hybrids, plus a selection of Asian and European hybrid plants.
You may also want to watch:
They will also be able to meet the new baby alpaca in the meadow and a pair of northern hawk owls which have recently arrived from London Zoo.
Entry to the festival and fair is free.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 6 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 7 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000