Portraiture to come into focus at Redgrave church’s latest history workshop featuring Tania Harrington
Portraits through the ages will be the focus of a history workshop at a north Suffolk church.
St Mary's Church at Redgrave is hosting the event, called 'People Power', on September 30 from 10.30am-4pm, which will be led by lecturer Tania Harrington.
June Shepherd, workshop organiser, said it would be the latest in a popular series of study days the church has run since 2007, covering everything from Richard III to First World War airmail.
She said: 'From the start our team aimed at providing history lovers with something more meaty than an evening lecture, yet not as involving as a several-month course.
'An added interest is that the study days all take place inside a beautiful building which is itself historically important.'
Cost is £18, including a light lunch. To book, send SAE to Mrs J. Shepherd, Barn View, Chapel Lane, Botesdale IP22 1DT, with cheques made out to Redgrave Church Heritage Trust.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 3 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 9 New Burger King site approved in city centre
- 10 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels