Portraiture to come into focus at Redgrave church’s latest history workshop featuring Tania Harrington
Portraits through the ages will be the focus of a history workshop at a north Suffolk church.
St Mary's Church at Redgrave is hosting the event, called 'People Power', on September 30 from 10.30am-4pm, which will be led by lecturer Tania Harrington.
June Shepherd, workshop organiser, said it would be the latest in a popular series of study days the church has run since 2007, covering everything from Richard III to First World War airmail.
She said: 'From the start our team aimed at providing history lovers with something more meaty than an evening lecture, yet not as involving as a several-month course.
'An added interest is that the study days all take place inside a beautiful building which is itself historically important.'
You may also want to watch:
Cost is £18, including a light lunch. To book, send SAE to Mrs J. Shepherd, Barn View, Chapel Lane, Botesdale IP22 1DT, with cheques made out to Redgrave Church Heritage Trust.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 6 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 7 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 10 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl