Pop star Olly Murs makes surprise appearance at Dereham wedding
- Credit: Archant
He's known for being a cheeky Essex chappie who sung his way into the nation's hearts on the X Factor.
But a few hearts skipped a beat when singer Olly Murs made an unexpected visit to Dereham, and ended up as special guest at a couple's wedding.
While Katie Hart-Copsey, who is a big fan of the six-time Brit Award nominee, was enjoying her wedding reception with husband Shane Hart-Copsey in Dereham Town Football Club's club house, the 32-year-old troublemaker was out in the dug-out supporting non-league Coggeshall Town in their match against Dereham Town Reserves.
Murs has previously played for the Essex-based team and paid for the club's showers to be fixed.
Mrs Hart-Copsey said: 'It was a bit of a mad one.
You may also want to watch:
'I had no idea that he would be there and suddenly some of guests looked out of the window and said they saw Olly Murs.'
Mrs Hart-Copsey's mother Paula Lawrence ran out to speak to the former X-Factor runner-up and presenter, who has worked with Norfolk's Caroline Flack, and asked him to come and have pictures taken.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
Mrs Hart-Copsey, who works at Dereham Church Infant and Nursery School, said: 'He kissed me on both cheeks and congratulated me.
'He was really nice and happy to pose for photographs with the guests.
'I love his music so it made the day even more special that he was there.
'It was all a bit of a blur and before long he was being mobbed by guests so hot-footed it to his bus.
'It's a shame we didn't ask the DJ to play one of his songs and get him to sing for us.'
Mrs Hart-Copsey, 26, and her husband, 28, a barber, both from Dereham, married at Dereham Methodist Church.
Mrs Hart-Copsey said: 'Olly Murs happened to be at Newmarket Races when my partner had his stag do there, so I think he was destined to be part of our big day.'
Do you have a celebrity story? E mail email@example.com