Pop star Olly Murs makes surprise appearance at Dereham wedding
- Credit: Archant
He's known for being a cheeky Essex chappie who sung his way into the nation's hearts on the X Factor.
But a few hearts skipped a beat when singer Olly Murs made an unexpected visit to Dereham, and ended up as special guest at a couple's wedding.
While Katie Hart-Copsey, who is a big fan of the six-time Brit Award nominee, was enjoying her wedding reception with husband Shane Hart-Copsey in Dereham Town Football Club's club house, the 32-year-old troublemaker was out in the dug-out supporting non-league Coggeshall Town in their match against Dereham Town Reserves.
Murs has previously played for the Essex-based team and paid for the club's showers to be fixed.
Mrs Hart-Copsey said: 'It was a bit of a mad one.
You may also want to watch:
'I had no idea that he would be there and suddenly some of guests looked out of the window and said they saw Olly Murs.'
Mrs Hart-Copsey's mother Paula Lawrence ran out to speak to the former X-Factor runner-up and presenter, who has worked with Norfolk's Caroline Flack, and asked him to come and have pictures taken.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 7 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 8 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 9 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
Mrs Hart-Copsey, who works at Dereham Church Infant and Nursery School, said: 'He kissed me on both cheeks and congratulated me.
'He was really nice and happy to pose for photographs with the guests.
'I love his music so it made the day even more special that he was there.
'It was all a bit of a blur and before long he was being mobbed by guests so hot-footed it to his bus.
'It's a shame we didn't ask the DJ to play one of his songs and get him to sing for us.'
Mrs Hart-Copsey, 26, and her husband, 28, a barber, both from Dereham, married at Dereham Methodist Church.
Mrs Hart-Copsey said: 'Olly Murs happened to be at Newmarket Races when my partner had his stag do there, so I think he was destined to be part of our big day.'
Do you have a celebrity story? E mail firstname.lastname@example.org