Poll: What tickles your funny bone? New study shows Norfolk likes to be risqué when it comes to telling a joke
- Credit: Getty Images
We may turn our noses up at scatological jokes - better known as toilet humour - but it seems comedy fans in Norfolk like to be a little risqué when it comes to hearing something funny.
That's according to the first national survey of Britain's comedic tastes, which has revealed that when it comes to sexual jokes, people in the East are more likely to raise a smile rather than blush.
In fact sexual jokes in the East were rated at 21 on the humour index, which was worked out by subtracting the number of those finding the categories unfunny from those that found them funny. In comparision the South West was rated the higest at 33, with Yorkshire being left stony-face at -5.
People in the East were also fans of regional jokes, rated at 32, with the South West at 51 and East Midlands at 16.
But when it came to potty puns, people in Norfolk were not impressed. Rated -11 on the humour index, this number was way down from Wales, who scored a massive 22 for its 'blue' humour.
You may also want to watch:
The research, State of Play:Comedy UK, is an analysis compiled by Ticketmaster from audience data where a panel of 2,500 comedy-event goers was asked about their tastes.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 7 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 8 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 9 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle