Policeman taken to hospital after he was assaulted at north Norwich pub
- Credit: Archant
Witnesses are being urged to come forward after a policeman was assaulted during an incident yesterday at a north Norwich pub.
It happened between 3.30pm and 3.50pm outside the Prince of Denmark pub on Sprowston Road, where officers were attending reports of a disturbance.
Police arrived on scene and a PC was injured while he was making an arrest. The officer attended the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where an x-ray revealed a suspected fracture in his left wrist.
The officer has now been placed on restricted duties while he recovers from his injury.
A 35-year-old man was arrested in connection with the incident and has been released on bail until December 21 while enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
A second man was arrested at the scene in connection with a separate incident of assault which is alleged to have taken place inside the pub prior to police arriving. The man, aged 49, was further arrested for drink driving and also released on bail until December 21 while enquiries continue.
Investigating officer, PC Dave Thomas, said: 'We know from statements already taken that there were a number of people in the car park at the time the officer was assaulted, some even reportedly filming the incident with their phones. I'm keen to speak to these people and obtain any footage which could be used to assist the investigation.'
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 7 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 8 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 9 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
• Anyone with information should contact PC Thomas at Wymondham Police Investigation Centre on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via their anonymous online form at http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/.