Planters forced to settle for a point after last-gasp equaliser
- Credit: Archant
Norwich United drew 1-1 with fellow strugglers Romford at Plantation Park after conceding a late equaliser.
The Planters went in front in the 15th minute when Ayodeji Olukoga tripped Tim Henery in the box.
Henery picked himself up to calmly roll the penalty into the net while sending Stephen Reynolds the wrong way.
Nick Reynolds should have equalised 10 minutes later when Connor Hammond's free-kick put him through but under pressure from Andy Eastaugh he poked his shot wide.
Hafeez Sanusi was twice denied, first when his lob was saved by Reynolds and then by a well timed tackle by Danny Cossington.
But Romford scored a last minute equaliser when Andy Wilton couldn't hold on to Reynolds' shot and James Ishmael pounced to net the rebound.
Eastaugh headed over Adam Hipperson's free-kick in injury time and the Planters had to settle for a point.
- 1 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 6 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 7 Critics hope to deal significant blow to controversial NDR Western Link
- 8 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 9 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 10 Teenage girls in hospital after unprovoked mob attack