Planters forced to settle for a point after last-gasp equaliser
- Credit: Archant
Norwich United drew 1-1 with fellow strugglers Romford at Plantation Park after conceding a late equaliser.
The Planters went in front in the 15th minute when Ayodeji Olukoga tripped Tim Henery in the box.
Henery picked himself up to calmly roll the penalty into the net while sending Stephen Reynolds the wrong way.
Nick Reynolds should have equalised 10 minutes later when Connor Hammond's free-kick put him through but under pressure from Andy Eastaugh he poked his shot wide.
Hafeez Sanusi was twice denied, first when his lob was saved by Reynolds and then by a well timed tackle by Danny Cossington.
You may also want to watch:
But Romford scored a last minute equaliser when Andy Wilton couldn't hold on to Reynolds' shot and James Ishmael pounced to net the rebound.
Eastaugh headed over Adam Hipperson's free-kick in injury time and the Planters had to settle for a point.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 6 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 7 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 10 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts