Photo gallery: 11th Harleston and Waveney Festival hailed a success
The organisers of an annual Norfolk music and arts festival were pleased with the turnout to the event, which took place for the 11th time.
The five day long Harleston and Waveney Festival, which featured music from across the world, started last Thursday and ended on Bank Holiday Monday with a family fun day attended by 1,500 people.
The festival kicked off with a performance of songs from the 16th century by King Henry's Band in St John's Church in Harleston on Thursday and on Friday there were antidotes from former BBC Radio 4 presenter Sue Read and a film show at Archbishop Sancroft school in Harleston.
There was also a performance by American country and blues singer Shar Baby, who appeared with the Dave Thomas Blues Band and Canadian musician Tony Henderson.
On Saturday, music was provided by The Dave Thomas Band, Tony Henderson and Rusty Floyd while there was an Evening of Poems. The Sunday featured a demonstration of old sound equipment and a Harleston At War tour.
You may also want to watch:
The fun day featured a performance by Shar Baby, and a visit from the East Anglian Air Ambulance helicopter and a Spitfire.
Robin Twigge, chairman of the festival committee, said: 'We were very pleased by the whole week.'
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash
The committee has also appealed for volunteers for next year. To get involved, phone Dave Thomas on 07970 139343.