Parting is such sweet sorrow for the ‘scissor sisters’ from the Fens
TWO sisters will say goodbye to almost half of their knee-length hair when they have their first real haircut to raise money for sick children.
Maddy, 12, and Ebony Pooley, 10, of Hallbridge Road, Upwell, will have around half of their 4ft-long hair cut to raise money for the Little Princess Trust.
Their locks will also be donated to the charity so they can be made into wigs for children who have lost their hair through cancer treatment.
The girls' father Adam said: 'Their mum Sarah and I said we'd support them having their hair cut if they were 100 per cent sure they wanted to do it.
'They've only ever had their hair trimmed once so it is such a big thing for them to be doing this. We're so proud that they're doing it for charity.
You may also want to watch:
'They've always been very close so it's nice that they're doing it together - they can share the experience as sisters.
'It will be strange once it's been cut because I plait their hair and they're going to look really different but I'm just so proud of them both.'
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
Maddy, who is a pupil at March's Neale-Wade Community College, and Ebony, who attends the town's Cavalry Primary School, will head to Lisa's Hair Salon in Outwell on October 26 for the fundraising haircuts.
Maddie said on the pairs' JustGiving page: 'We finally managed to persuade our mum and dad to let us cut our hair after reading about this charity and the good work they do.
'We were inspired to help children that have lost their hair and hopefully they can smile again. Please help us to make a little girl feel like a princess.'
• To sponsor the girls visit http://www.justgiving.com/maddys-hair or you can donate by texting 'hair66' followed by your amount to 70070.