Opera will bring love to the Diss Corn Hall in Garboldisham
- Credit: Archant
The Merry Opera Company will be bringing the opera La Boheme to Norfolk as part of the Diss Corn Hall on Tour programme.
Described as one of the greatest romances in Opera, Puccini's work will be performed at Garboldisham Village Hall, near Diss, on Saturday, February 13.
It tells the story of Rodolfo and Mimi's love affair among the cafes and student lodgings in the Latin Quarter in Paris.
The opera will start at 7.30pm and tickets are £15 for adults and £7 for under 18s.
On Friday, January 29, comedians Michael Fabbri, Sy Thomas, and compere Ria Lina will be performing at Diss Rugby Club as part of the On Tour programme.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £10 on the door or £9 when booked in advance.
Minimum age is 18.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
The show starts at 8pm with a full bar from 6.30pm.
Then film producer Rupert Lloyd will be taking part in a question and answer session at Diss High School after one of his productions is publicly screened there.
The Theeb (15) will be shown on Wednesday, February 3 from 7.30pm.
It is about a Bedouin boy's fight for survival during the First World War.
Then on Saturday, February 6 Celebrating Hoagy Carmichael will be held at The Park hotel in Diss from 7.30pm with singer-pianist Chris Ingham and trumpeter Paul Higgs.
On Wednesday, February 10 the film Suffragette (12A) will be shown at Diss High School at 7.30pm.
It stars Carey Mulligan, Anne-Marie Duff, Helena Bonham Carter, Meryl Streep, Samuel West and tells the story of the early feminist movement
To book tickets or for more information visit www.disscornhall.co.uk or call 01379 652241.