Opera will bring love to the Diss Corn Hall in Garboldisham
- Credit: Archant
The Merry Opera Company will be bringing the opera La Boheme to Norfolk as part of the Diss Corn Hall on Tour programme.
Described as one of the greatest romances in Opera, Puccini's work will be performed at Garboldisham Village Hall, near Diss, on Saturday, February 13.
It tells the story of Rodolfo and Mimi's love affair among the cafes and student lodgings in the Latin Quarter in Paris.
The opera will start at 7.30pm and tickets are £15 for adults and £7 for under 18s.
On Friday, January 29, comedians Michael Fabbri, Sy Thomas, and compere Ria Lina will be performing at Diss Rugby Club as part of the On Tour programme.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £10 on the door or £9 when booked in advance.
Minimum age is 18.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 7 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 10 Former factory site to become a new church
The show starts at 8pm with a full bar from 6.30pm.
Then film producer Rupert Lloyd will be taking part in a question and answer session at Diss High School after one of his productions is publicly screened there.
The Theeb (15) will be shown on Wednesday, February 3 from 7.30pm.
It is about a Bedouin boy's fight for survival during the First World War.
Then on Saturday, February 6 Celebrating Hoagy Carmichael will be held at The Park hotel in Diss from 7.30pm with singer-pianist Chris Ingham and trumpeter Paul Higgs.
On Wednesday, February 10 the film Suffragette (12A) will be shown at Diss High School at 7.30pm.
It stars Carey Mulligan, Anne-Marie Duff, Helena Bonham Carter, Meryl Streep, Samuel West and tells the story of the early feminist movement
To book tickets or for more information visit www.disscornhall.co.uk or call 01379 652241.