Norwich X Factor hopeful Ivy Grace Paredes lost for words as she’s forced to quit the show
- Credit: Dymond/Syco/Thames
X Factor hopeful Ivy Grace Paredes was forced to abandon her reality TV dreams when she failed to obtain a US visa ahead of the judges' houses stage of the competition.
The Norwich-based singer, originally from the Philippines, sailed through to judges' houses on last night's show after impressing her mentor Sharon Osbourne with a heartfelt rendition of Whitney Houston's 'I Have Nothing' in the six chair challenge.
However, her dreams of following in the footsteps of 4th Impact, the Filipino girl band who came fifth on last year's show, were shattered at the final hurdle when her visa was denied.
Support has flooded in for the singer following the announcement of her unexpected departure and there has even been a change.org petition set up, calling on producers to allow her to continue without travelling to the US.
The wannabe singer tweeted last night:'Can't find words to express how I really feel...'
Rapper Honey G, who refers to herself as 'the realest chick in the game', has replaced Ivy in the overs category.
Ivy, who did a gig at Breckland Hall in Costessey on August 6, has been contacted for further comment.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 3 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 4 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 9 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 10 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment