Norwich X Factor hopeful Ivy Grace Paredes lost for words as she’s forced to quit the show
- Credit: Dymond/Syco/Thames
X Factor hopeful Ivy Grace Paredes was forced to abandon her reality TV dreams when she failed to obtain a US visa ahead of the judges' houses stage of the competition.
The Norwich-based singer, originally from the Philippines, sailed through to judges' houses on last night's show after impressing her mentor Sharon Osbourne with a heartfelt rendition of Whitney Houston's 'I Have Nothing' in the six chair challenge.
However, her dreams of following in the footsteps of 4th Impact, the Filipino girl band who came fifth on last year's show, were shattered at the final hurdle when her visa was denied.
Support has flooded in for the singer following the announcement of her unexpected departure and there has even been a change.org petition set up, calling on producers to allow her to continue without travelling to the US.
The wannabe singer tweeted last night:'Can't find words to express how I really feel...'
Rapper Honey G, who refers to herself as 'the realest chick in the game', has replaced Ivy in the overs category.
You may also want to watch:
Ivy, who did a gig at Breckland Hall in Costessey on August 6, has been contacted for further comment.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van