Norwich United battle to a point after pre-match problems
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Norwich United returned from Hertford with a point, despite pre-match problems.
The Planters had already lost the services of Adam Probert, who fell ill on the journey, before goalkeeper Andy Wilton was delayed in traffic, forcing club skipper Andy Eastaugh to don borrowed gloves until Wilton arrived.
Hertford took the lead in the 14th minute, just five minutes after Wilton's appearance, Ben Andreos taking advantage of Jamie Speller's slip to shoot past the keeper.
The Planters were level 12 minutes later, Tim Henery firing home from the penalty spot after Liam Jackson was brought down.
Steve Eastaugh will reflect that his side could well have won and Henry Pollock was denied deep into injury time by a good save from Charlie Mann, Hafeez Sanusi's follow up being blocked.
You may also want to watch:
The Planters travel to Aveley tonight with new striker Liam Moriarty but without long-serving Speller who announced his retirement from football yesterday.
Hertford Town: Mann, Sharman, Lovell, Illsley, Beck, Palmer, Light (Hatherly 76), Toner, Andreos, Ruff (Cole 83), O'Connor (Edmee 86). Subs not used: Foster, Ward.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 8 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
Planters: Eastaugh (Wilton 8), Speller, Brown, Applegate, Wones, Watts, Henery, Jones, Stewart (Sanusi 74), Jackson, Hipperson (Pollock 87). Subs not used: Lapite, Probert.
Referee: Hallam Cutmore