Norwich United battle to a point after pre-match problems
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Norwich United returned from Hertford with a point, despite pre-match problems.
The Planters had already lost the services of Adam Probert, who fell ill on the journey, before goalkeeper Andy Wilton was delayed in traffic, forcing club skipper Andy Eastaugh to don borrowed gloves until Wilton arrived.
Hertford took the lead in the 14th minute, just five minutes after Wilton's appearance, Ben Andreos taking advantage of Jamie Speller's slip to shoot past the keeper.
The Planters were level 12 minutes later, Tim Henery firing home from the penalty spot after Liam Jackson was brought down.
Steve Eastaugh will reflect that his side could well have won and Henry Pollock was denied deep into injury time by a good save from Charlie Mann, Hafeez Sanusi's follow up being blocked.
The Planters travel to Aveley tonight with new striker Liam Moriarty but without long-serving Speller who announced his retirement from football yesterday.
Hertford Town: Mann, Sharman, Lovell, Illsley, Beck, Palmer, Light (Hatherly 76), Toner, Andreos, Ruff (Cole 83), O'Connor (Edmee 86). Subs not used: Foster, Ward.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 5 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 6 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 7 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 8 Boss 'gutted' after scenes cut from Ed Balls' Who Do You Think You Are?
- 9 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 10 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
Planters: Eastaugh (Wilton 8), Speller, Brown, Applegate, Wones, Watts, Henery, Jones, Stewart (Sanusi 74), Jackson, Hipperson (Pollock 87). Subs not used: Lapite, Probert.
Referee: Hallam Cutmore