Norwich Fight Night: Watch Nathan Dale vs Phillip Bowes on Mustard TV
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Norwich's own Nathan Dale will put his unblemished record on the line and step into the ring against Phillip Bowes in an English Title eliminator at The Halls in Norwich - and you can watch it on Mustard TV.
On November 25, Norwich will seek to add another boxing champion to its growing stable of stars and stamp even firmer its footprint on the local sporting scene.
For Dale, this is his big night: at 25 years old he has a perfect 20-win record as a professional and is fast making The Halls 'his own', in much the same way as one of the men in his corner, Jon Thaxton, made the former Norwich Sport Village his home.
Dale has had to do things the hard way: 18 months out as he recovered from surgery to his right hand needed mental as well as physical strength, but, as he says, 'every time I throw it now I throw it with a smile'.
Bowes, 32, believes the fight will be a 'chess match' and would probably prefer it that way anyway. 'There is no sense in coming out all guns blazing because of the bombs... and I don't like bombs,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
Bowes has a win over Paul Appleby on his record – Appleby is the man who took Liam Walsh to the brink in a sensational fight five years ago before the Cromer man prevailed.
The Londoner isn't promising a repeat of that gutsy performance, but it also won't be lost on him that Walsh is a regular sparring partner of Dale's at the Kickstop Gym - and any thoughts that his southpaw style might bamboozle the Norwich man disappear: Walsh is the perfect exponent of switch-hitting in boxing.
• Tickets for the fight are available at www.shamrockboxing.co.uk
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 3 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules