Norwich City secure De Laet on season-long loan
Norwich City wrapped up their fourth summer signing on Friday afternoon after securing the services of Ritchie De Laet on a season-long loan from Manchester United, subject to the relevant paperwork being completed.
On securing the services of the 22-year-old, City boss Paul Lambert said: 'He'll be great for us. He's young and one of his main strengths is pace and he comes from a great club where he's played first team football.
'He'll come in and help the other lads out. He's played a lot of first team games out on loan last season and I'm sure he'll do great for us.'
De Laet, who operates primarily as a central defender but is equally comfortable at full back, can't wait to start at Carrow Road but knows he has a battle on his hands to gain a first team place.
The Belgian told the club's official website: 'I'm really pleased to be able to continue my development as a young player with Norwich, where the manager has given me this chance to come in and fight for a place in the Norwich team.
You may also want to watch:
'I know it's going to be very tough because the lads there have done really really well and it's going to be a big challenge to get into a team which is really used to winning and is a great, tight-knit group.'
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 10 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch