Norwich City linked with Bolton striker Robbie Blake
Norwich City have failed in a loan bid for veteran striker Robbie Blake, according to reports.
The Bolton striker forward was approached by several clubs, including the Canaries, but has opted to stay at the Reebok and fight for his place.
Blake has been a fringe player since being reunited with Owen Coyle in the summer, making just three starts in 12 appearance for the club – but the Wanderers manager is delighted he has decided to stay.
'I didn't want him going out on loan,' said Coyle. 'I made him aware that numerous clubs had asked about him and the biggest one was Norwich.
'Robbie is an integral part of the group and he wants to stay and fight for his place.
You may also want to watch:
'That's brilliant because he is a big part of what we are doing at the club.
'There wouldn't be a problem if I played Robbie Blake from the start because he is terrific. But we have real competition for places in the forward areas. I was delighted with his answer that he wants to stay and battle for his place. He is loving his time at Bolton.'
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 3 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit