North Norfolk Food and Drink Festival at Holkham Hall this weekend
- Credit: Keiron Tovell Photography
A showcase of tasty food and drink is being staged this weekend at one of north Norfolk's finest country houses.
The North Norfolk Food and Drink Festival takes place at Holkham Hall on Saturday and Sunday.
The flagship 'foodie' event kicks off the county-wide Norfolk Food and Drink Festival running through September and early October.
Now in its fifth year, the festival attracted 10,000 visitors last summer.
Organisers have signed up over 60 stall holders. The range of produce on sale will include real ales, fresh meat and poultry, North Norfolk seafood, vegetables, local honey and saffron, cakes, pies, puddings and tarts, fruit, ice cream, cheeses, fresh juices and much more.
You may also want to watch:
For younger food fans, there will be the chance to visit the Bewilderwood Yurt where there will be storytelling and the chance to watch Boggle chefs create their own foodie concoctions and the little people can also have their faces painted and visit Holkham's new children's adventure play area in the woods.
The event's octagonal tent will host a cookery theatre staging demonstrations, led by Norfolk farmhouse food guru Mary Kemp.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
There will also be a jam and chutney making masterclass to ensure visitors can make the most of autumn's bounty.
For the fourth year running Kettle Foods are the headline sponsor and are offering a business mentoring prize of £1,000 to one of the attending stall holders.
Dominic Lowe, Kettle Foods managing director explained: 'The reason we enjoy the North Norfolk Food and Drink Festival so much is that it exists to support businesses very similar to how Kettle Foods was 25 years ago: small, entrepreneurial, trying something really different but passionate about the quality of the food they make.
'The festival is a reminder of our roots and we are very proud to sponsor this event and recognise another up and coming business through our mentoring scheme.'
The North Norfolk Food and Drink Festival is open from 10am to 5pm
Entry is free. Car parking £2.50 (redeemable on purchases of £10 or more in the hall gift shop).
More information at the website www.northnorfolkfoodfestival.co.uk
Follow the event on Twitter: @NNFoodFest and on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NorthNorfolkFoodFestival.