Ed Sheeran rumoured to be starring in new Danny Boyle film shot in Norfolk and Suffolk
- Credit: Greg Williams
A hotly-tipped new film about The Beatles, which is rumoured to star Ed Sheeran, is about to be shot in Norfolk and Suffolk, publicists have said.
Working Title Film said it would be shooting in our region to 'take advantage of the fantastic locations both counties have to offer'.
Plot details have yet to be confirmed – though the film is reportedly set to star the Suffolk singer in a world where The Beatles never existed.
Made by Danny Boyle, who directed Trainspotting and Slumdog Millionaire, in partnership with Richard Curtis, who wrote Four Weddings and a Funeral, Love Actually and owns a home in Walberswick, the film has been tentatively titled All You Need is Love.
Documents show two days of filming will be taking place in Halesworth on May 1 and 2 at the Campus Site and Thoroughfare Car Park.
You may also want to watch:
It has also been rumoured a Lowestoft high school could feature in the film and across the county border students at Acle Academy have already taking part in a casting photoshoot, with the school a confirmed location, and the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston has been in discussions with the film company.
It is thought hospital staff could play extras.
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 7 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk
Working Title Films, which has made more than 100 movies including Fargo, Les Misérables and The Theory of Everything, is yet to confirm whether Ed Sheeran has signed on the dotted line.
Sasha Gibson, a publicist for the film, said: 'We will be shooting in Suffolk and Norfolk, taking advantage of the fantastic locations both counties have to offer.'
Other stars lined-up for the film include Cinderella's Lily James, EastEnders actor Himesh Patel, and Saturday Night Live's Kate McKinnon.
Sheeran is becoming a regular fixture on film and television sets.
His first major film role came in 2016, when the singer played himself for a cameo in Bridget Jones's Baby – and was praised by his co-star Renee Zellweger who said he was a 'delight' to work worth.
The singer also appeared as a Lannister soldier for last year's series seven premier of fantasy drama Game of Thrones.