Christmas Cake Shake, anyone? Zaks Diner reveals debut Christmas menu
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk American-diner chain Zaks has released its first ever Christmas menu.
Highlights include the 'Christmas Cracker' burger - a 1/2lb beef burger with smoked cheddar cheese, a stuffing patty, pulled turkey and topped with cranberry. A spin on the classic Christmas dinner, it's all enclosed in a sourdough bun.
Special 'Festive Shakes' are also sure to be popular. The cinnamon flavoured 'Christmas Cake Shake' is topped with Christmas cake and the 'After Dinner Mint Shake' is completed with an After Eight. Adults may prefer the chocolate orange flavour shake which includes a special dash of Cointreau.
For the kids (big and small) there is a special 'Trim Your Tree' dessert. Diners can decorate their very own chocolate brownie in the shape of a Christmas tree with chocolate sauce and various sweet treats.
For the more traditional, Zaks has also created a dessert inspired by the classic Christmas pudding - a 'Christmas Trifle Sundae' - which sees vanilla ice-cream mixed with cherries, crumbled Christmas cake and custard topped with cream and finished with a festive candy cane and (of course) more Christmas cake.
Operations Officer, Gemma Jarvis, said: 'Adding a bit of Christmas to the menu is something we haven't done before at Zaks so we thought we would get involved this year.'
Zaks has four restaurants across the region - two in Norwich, one in Poringland and another in Thetford. For more information visit Zaks' website here.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 4 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 5 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 6 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 9 Restaurant owner 'excited' as Norwich street is permanently pedestrianised
- 10 Jailed in Norfolk: Flytippers and paedophiles