Former Norwich teacher opens gym after losing 11 stone in less than two years
- Credit: Yvonne Gorrod
A woman who taught languages at Notre Dame High School in Norwich is now running a successful gym after losing 11 stone in just 20 months.
Yvonne Gorrod, 54, who lives in Eaton Rise, owns Fitness Space Norwich in Cringleford – a local gym which is currently in the running for a prestigious National Fitness Award in the Newcomer of the Year category.
Mrs Gorrod, who was a language teacher at Notre Dame High School until two years ago, said: 'It is a fantastic accolade not just for me, but for my team to have been recognised at such a high level and with such strong competition.
'My personal journey – losing 11 stone in weight and making the decision to start up a completely new business venture - has been incredible and met with highs and lows but I wouldn't change a thing.
'What makes Fitness Space Norwich so special is our members and the sense of community we have fostered together. They are at the centre of what we do and supporting them as they work hard to achieve goals, improve their wellbeing and make changes in their life makes it extremely rewarding for us.'
You may also want to watch:
The National Fitness Awards is an annual event which recognises excellence and achievement in gyms throughout the country.
The awards are organised by Script Events in conjunction with fitness magazine Workout. The winner will be announced at a gala dinner taking place at the Athena Leicester on November 30.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 5 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation