Youth theatre production of Oliver
MARK NICHOLLS A production of Oliver is being staged at two venues across Norfolk in November by a popular youth theatre group.
A production of Oliver is being staged at two venues across Norfolk in November by a popular youth theatre group.
Norfolk Youth Music Theatre is staging the Lionel Bart musical at the Maddermarket Theatre, Norwich, from November 1 to 4 and King's Lynn Corn Exchange from November 22 to 25.
The cast and orchestra are drawn from some of the county's most talented actors, singers dancers and musicians, aged from eight to 23.
Adrian Connell, Norfolk YMT artistic director, said: “Moving the show across the county for two weeks would be a tough job for an amateur company comprised only of adults, but our group take it in their stride. The auditions this year have uncovered even more talent from across Norfolk - particularly the youngsters for Fagin's gang - and I honestly think this will be one of our best ever shows.”
In the title role is 11-year-old Fraser Davidson, from Denver, near Downham Market.
- 1 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 2 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 3 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 6 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 7 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 8 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 9 Town faces disruption from roadworks 15 miles away
- 10 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
Stephanie Moore, 19, from Stalham takes the role of Nancy and Fagin is played by 18-year-old Ben Weston, from Stody, near Fakenham, a former member of the London Royal Ballet School.
The Artful Dodger is Alex Green, 13, who attends Norwich School.
Booking for the Maddermarket show (tickets £7 and £5 for concessions) can be made by calling 01603 620917, and for the Corn Exchange (£13.50 and £11.50) on 01553 764864.