Youth choir seeks new members to perform in musical at Norwich Theatre Royal
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk youth choir is looking for new members who could have the opportunity to perform in a hit musical at Norwich Theatre Royal.
Broadland Youth Choir is currently recruiting singers, and anyone aged seven to 14 who joins in the next two weeks will be in with a chance of appearing in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
The show is coming to the theatre in October and stars X-Factor finalist Lloyd Daniels as Joseph, BBC's Over the Rainbow winner Danielle Hope as the Narrator, and EastEnders and Dancing On Ice star Matt Lapinskas as Pharaoh.
Joseph was originally written by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice for a school concert, and productions today still feature a choir of local children.
Broadland Youth Choir's musical director Carole Tims, who started the choir more than 20 years ago, has provided young voices for a number of visiting productions at the Theatre Royal, including Evita and Whistle Down The Wind.
You may also want to watch:
About Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, she said: 'Doing Joseph is great fun but the children have to be very disciplined and we do drill them quite hard time. But it is a good introduction into stage work and it can be inspirational. They are so lucky to get such an opportunity to work in a professional production on a stage like the Theatre Royal's.'
Broadland Youth Choir participates in other events too, such as the annual EDP Festival of Carols at St Andrew's Hall in Norwich, which this year takes place on December 9, and will also be directed by Mrs Tims.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 4 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 5 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 6 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 7 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 8 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 9 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 10 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
The choir has about 40 to 50 members at any one time from all over Norfolk, ranging from young juniors up to seniors who sing as tenors or basses. Some members have gone on to study music in higher education and many return to take part in the Festival of Carols.
Broadland Youth Choir rehearsals take place at the Salhouse Jubilee Hall on Friday afternoons, starting at 4.30pm for smaller children and then running from 5.30pm to 6.30pm for the whole choir.
• For more information on joining the choir, call Mrs Tims on 01603 721912.
• Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat is at Norwich Theatre Royal from October 28 to November 1. Tickets £6.50-£27.50. To book call the box office on 01603 630000 or visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk