Your pictures of the vivid sunrise over Norfolk and Suffolk
- Credit: citizenside.com
If you were up early enough this morning you would have seen the colourful sunrise which lit the region's sky up in shades of red, yellow and orange.
And many people couldn't help but take a photos with hundreds of pictures being shared across social media of this weather phenomenon.
The heightened colour was caused by high pressure from the south east leading to a clear sky and cloud coverage to the north west of the region.
This meant the sun was reflected off the clouds to the north and due to the clear skies the sunrise was more visible than usual.
The clear skies also caused aeroplane contrails to become very apparent with the trails creating cloud-like criss-crosses across the sky which made the sunrise look even more spectacular.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 2 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 3 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 4 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 8 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 9 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 10 50 home development approved despite flooding fears