Your pictures of the vivid sunrise over Norfolk and Suffolk
- Credit: citizenside.com
If you were up early enough this morning you would have seen the colourful sunrise which lit the region's sky up in shades of red, yellow and orange.
And many people couldn't help but take a photos with hundreds of pictures being shared across social media of this weather phenomenon.
The heightened colour was caused by high pressure from the south east leading to a clear sky and cloud coverage to the north west of the region.
This meant the sun was reflected off the clouds to the north and due to the clear skies the sunrise was more visible than usual.
The clear skies also caused aeroplane contrails to become very apparent with the trails creating cloud-like criss-crosses across the sky which made the sunrise look even more spectacular.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 5 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 6 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 7 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 8 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 Arrests after woman held hostage in home containing drugs and samurai sword